Businesses of the modern-day have been introduced and have accepted new measures to which they could reach out to their audience. While marketing has evolved from the traditional offline marketing where print media, television, radio, signage, and the use of salesman had been the order of the day.
Marketing has gone beyond the visible intent and desperation of the business owner or representative to close a sale at any opportunity with a prospective client. While this is healthy, I mean, there is no perfect time to grow up, right? But hasn’t this been all boring, and there be a need that some other form of marketing like digital marketing is considered a more viable tool in the era of the 4th industrial revolution... the digital media era?
The Watchtower - Web Design Agency Dubai can help you with all your Digital marketing worries.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a form of online marketing whereby the art of selling a service/goods is conveyed via the use of the internet as against traditional patterns, through the use of devices like mobile phones, tablets, PC [Personal computers], and other smart gadgets.
Digital marketing leverages the use of the internet to bind a level of interaction between clients and business owners.
There are different types of e-Commerce in Digital marketing via Digital marketing worries, however, for this read, we shall consider two, which are B2B, and B2C.
What is B2B?
B2B means Business to Business.
B2B is a form of eCommerce where business owners initiate online transactions intended for businesses as well. A good example would be a business rendering services of software for retail supermarkets, office furniture, etc.
The whole idea of business to business [B2B] is that online businesses are conducted with decision-makers, other companies or organizations as against retailers.
What is B2C?
B2C means Business to Consumers.
B2C is also another form of eCommerce where business owners initiate online transactions intended to end-users or direct consumers, as against other businesses like the case of the B2B.
B2C has been considered a more personal form of online marketing since it appeals directly to the users' needs. Some examples are the purchase of shampoo for use, the purchase of clothes, the order of electronics, and stuff like that.
What are the similarities of B2B and B2C in digital marketing?
1. Despite the striking odd between the two’s definitions, their ultimate goal would be to get the attention of the target audience.
2. Both B2B and B2C wants to close a sale.
3. They sometimes require the use of offline marketing, depending on their strategy.
4. They both want their clients to maintain a healthy business relationship with them, and possibly strike a referral.
5. B2B and B2C are both forms of digital marketing.
What are the differences between B2B and B2C in digital marketing?
Having read through the similarities and mutual understanding of the B2B and B2C models in digital marketing, below are some differences they share.
1. Their target audience differs. While B2B is aimed at organizations, B2C is aimed toward retailers, which needs to carefully construct the tone of message intended for either.
2. In most scenarios, the B2B may generate more turnover than B2C who are retailers.
3. Business-to-business clients are quite logical in their business decisions, hence there is a need to appeal to the benefits of the service/goods, and the ripple effect to their place of business as well. While Business-to-customers are laid back in emotions, as they only consider what they stand to gain as an individual.
4. It may be a lengthy and difficult process to convert a B2B than in an ideal B2C form of digital marketing.
What are the characteristics of B2B?
1. The process is quite a task, as it involves protocols.
2. The customer base might be fewer, but the value is more tangible.
3. There is a personal relationship between the buyer and the seller.
What are the characteristics of B2C?
1. There is a high level of transaction compared to B2B.
2. There are no protocols involved, and interested customers can make a decision right away.
3. Profit margins are usually better with a long spread of purchases than single orders.
4. B2C is an easier communication form in digital marketing.
5. Customers seek what appeals to them alone.
B2B and B2C in digital marketing
These two types of eCommerce are quite popular in digital marketing because they allow consumers to utilize digital marketing instead of conventional marketing to accomplish transactions for their business or personal usage.
I'm hoping you took something away from this. You can trust The Watchtower, an award-winning firm that can cater to all of your technical needs, for more information on SEO, mobile app development, and web design agency in Dubai and the UAE.