Your website’s performance and ranking depend on both on-page and off-page website optimization techniques. Although on-page SEO is widely practised, off-page SEO offers several benefits to help you outrank others in competitive search phrases or terms.
is one of the high-impact off-page strategies that improve your SERP ranking. It does this by increasing your website’s user perception, relevance, popularity, reliability, and authority.
The most reputable sites that link to or promote your website content allow search engines, like Google, to mark you as a quality and reliable source. Thus, setting you to outrank other authority domains in competitive keywords.
Read along to learn how backlinks work and the ways to use them to improve your website optimization and business results.
How Website Optimization by Link Building Works
There are several website optimization techniques. Internal and external factors drive your website results. Most internal factors revolve around user experience, speed, and responsiveness. Here are some of the website optimization techniques;
- Quality content and keyword research
- Improve your page access speed
- Compress your website data
- Device responsiveness
However, all these can be futile if you ignore link building that is significantly responsible for off-page SEO.
The links on your website content, including the inbound referral links, are used by Google to determine the authority of your website. Thus, your content should answer users' search intent to appear on Google's first page. Search engine algorithms use backlinks to determine if your content is valuable to your audience.
Link building is effective when reliable, relevant, and high-quality websites link back to your site.
Every time your website earns backlinks from other websites, it develops a robust and healthy backlink profile. As a result, Google will interpret your website as valuable if it has a high-quality number of backlinks. This will aid in improving Google SERP rankings and generate more organic traffic than before.
Always keep in mind that not all links are equal. Backlinking is not all about pleasing the search engines; it should improve your business. You’ll need a collective approach that consolidates SEO, backlinks, and content creation to develop a high-impact link building strategy. Weblink building services
can effectively handle the technical details to achieve your desired results.
You need to be careful about the type of website referring to yours. Poor quality websites can harm your online visibility when they refer to your site. That’s why it's vital to know how to link build properly and learn how to avoid harmful link building tactics.
How to Increase Your Website's Organic Traffic Using Backlinks
Here are proven website optimization strategies you can leverage to drive organic traffic using backlinks.
1. Fix Broken Links in Your Website Content
Another great way of optimizing your website is through broken link building. Broken link building helps secure links on resource pages.
You can leverage broken link building in two ways:
- Fixing internal and external broken links on your website
- Being a resource link to another authority site whose links are broken.
When fixing broken links on your website, you can remove or replace the external link with a valid link. Resolving broken links on your website will improve the quality of your links.
Website owners don’t appreciate a 404 link on their resource pages. You can approach the webmasters of such authority sites to include your working web link as their resource link. As a broken link builder, your content must be valuable and relevant to the authority’s site you wish to link to.
If granted, solving the broken link will be mutually beneficial. You’ll be able to gain traffic from the authority site and solve the authority’s site’s 404 error. Since Google values links from authority sites, you’ll rank higher on SERP. Hence, broken link building is a strategic approach to optimizing your website through links.
2. Leverage Social Media
Leveraging social media is a proven strategy to build quality links for website optimization. Here are two ways that you can take advantage of:
- Include your website link on your social media profiles, whether personal, business, fan pages, or groups.
- Sharing your valuable website content links with your followers and subscribers.
But, first, ensure that your social media profiles are well optimized and integrated with your website. Additionally, double-check that all links on your bios directing to your website are working. It’ll ensure that your followers go directly to your website if they want to read or view the rest of the valuable content you post.
However, it is only effective if you host the content on your website. As a result, your website will gain traffic for every click on your bios and social posts, thus improving organic search engine rankings.
Another proven valuable strategy that you can leverage is by tagging influential persons and businesses in your website content every time you mention them.
The primary aim is to leverage their social listening skills and encourage them to share your content on their pages. This will allow your content to get a backlink from a different and influential profile other than your own.
3. Use Unlinked Brand Mentions
Unlinked brand mentions are also another effective website optimization strategy through link building. You’ll find many businesses featured in the press for various reasons from time to time.
One of the reasons can be natural since you’re perceived as an industry expert or through your PR team’s efforts. Often you’ll find this coverage has no links but just a brand mention. But the beauty of unlinked brand mention is the ease of turning them into a link with minimal effort.
This is because the uphill task of obtaining coverage is already won. You can always leverage brand monitoring tools to look for any mentions unlinked to your site. Follow up on such brand mentions and persuade them to link your website URL in their content.
Why Link Building is Still Important in Website Optimization
Including link building in your off-page SEO strategy is vital because of two primary reasons.
- Websites that have higher authority will rank higher than those with less authority.
- Link building positively drives your SERP ranking.
Here are other additional benefits of link building for website optimization:
1. Brand image building: When done correctly, websites can leverage link building to improve brand image and establish authority in their field.
2. Nurtures relationships through outreach: Essentially, people engage in outreach to obtain a link. But outreach helps your organization to develop long-term relationships with key industry figures. These connections are significant as they help build your brand, authority, and network.
3. Increase referral traffic: A great link from a popular website not only boosts your website traffic, but your site also benefits from “link juice.” Often we connect to websites where we can mutually benefit from their traffic audience.
4. Create new sales opportunities: The quality referrals gained from different types of links not only help to boost your website ranking but also help you to gain new sales opportunities. This means a new source offers your site great potential to sell additional products and services and make more sales profit.
Effective website optimization depends on both on-page and off-page. Applying white hat link building in your off-page SEO efforts will make Google mark your website as an authority site in your niche. This will make you rank higher in SERP, thus positioning you for more new business opportunities.