The United Arab Emirates (UAE), which resides beautifully along the Persian Gulf, offers spectacular locations, tall buildings, massive shopping malls, dazzling beaches, and, allegedly, a newly unveiled "Mars Science City." That's the kind of city I'd like to visit.
It's almost as if visiting the UAE can be a wonderful educational experience in and of itself. But, fortunately for you, there are excellent universities throughout the city where you can pursue your Master's or Bachelor's degree. As a foreign student, you have some interesting options to consider, and there is a lot to learn about the UAE's history, culture, and politics.
Why Should You Study in the UAE?
1. The UAE is a growing research and education hub
The UAE has a very high literacy rate of nearly 90% and the country has recently invested heavily in the improvement of its science and technology institutes. The UAE has formed the Centre of Excellence for Applied Research and Training (CERT) group, where they have been working with major companies all over the world to develop nanotechnology, biotechnology, and a major supercomputing centre in South Asia.
2. The popularity and reputation of UAE universities have grown
Universities in the UAE are gaining a global reputation, and their graduates are working in science, technology, and politics, making the UAE an excellent choice for higher education. The following are some of the top-ranked universities in the UAE:
1. University of the United Arab Emirates
2. University of Khalifa
3. Sharjah University
Here is a list of some of the more interesting degrees available in the UAE:
1. In the United Arab Emirates, project management is practised.
2. In the United Arab Emirates, risk management is practised.
3. In the United Arab Emirates, education is provided by the Ministry of Education.
4. Executive MBA programs are available in the United Arab Emirates.
5. Mechanical engineering is also very popular in the UAE
Methods for ensuring your eligibility for a university in the United Arab Emirates
1. Attend Preparation Classes
These courses provide degree-seeking students with an additional educational boost just before beginning their Master's degree or another postgraduate degree program
2. Try a pre-M.B.A
Trying a pre-Law, or pre-Medicine program, as well as any other foundation or preparation courses that will allow you to study in your desired degree program
3. Improve your English by enrolling in an English-language preparation course
If you are enrolled in a degree program in the UAE, you must demonstrate that your language skills are sufficient to participate in classes and understand the lectures. These courses will also prepare you for any English-language tests required by universities.
How to apply for a master's degree in the UAE?
Each university in the UAE has its system on its website that allows prospective students to apply for and enrol in degree programs. So, once you've decided on a university, you can fill out their application and submit your materials there.
Here are some of the basic requirements for each application:
1. A photocopy of your diploma (high school or bachelor's degree)
2. A transcript or record of previous courses
3. A photocopy of your passport and/or birth certificate
4. Your curriculum vitae
5. Test results
6. Proof of a scholarship or funding
7. recommendation letters (between 2-3)
8. Writing samples and/or a portfolio
Some universities and regions require students to be Muslims to attend, while others only accept nationals. However, other, larger universities are sprouting up around the region, providing opportunities for international students to learn and attend classes.
For further information on the application process you can always contact The Watchtower Dubai we can help you with providing information for your application process but we do suggest that you are in contact with an educational counsellor to make your application process more smooth.