What comes to mind when you see the topic of the article? well, for me, it brought back beautiful memories of when I swayed people with my lovely writing while writing a letter and had to append my signature at the bottom; right now, I doubt if I can remember the last time I held a pen to write a letter, everything has fully gone digital. Time sure flies.
In present times, letters, if at all written, are sent via emails-basically digital format using email clients either as an individual/personal or from a corporate/business platform. For a large portion of email users, a mail is usually composed and sent out just with its content, carrying just the sender’s email address. However, for some others, the choice of including a name and signature beneath the content of the mail is a major. A few others also include a name, a signature, a maxim, a business card, logo, and a whole range of others.
While we understand how globalization and the acceptance of innovation with technology have come to stay, in this article, we would be lending a hand to guide you move from the conventional mode of using your email clients without the introduction of an email signature to being accepted into the community of the new knowledge; how about a brief introduction?
This platform has been made possible by the good people of The Watchtower - Web Design Agency Dubai; writing articles have been much fun with this team. Amazing people!
Outlook is a Microsoft e-mail software program that permits users to send and receive e-mail on their computer. Outlook comes in two variants, which are:
- Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Microsoft Outlook.
For better understanding, I would briefly shed light on both before I go about guiding you on the e-mail signature.
Microsoft Outlook Express is a lighter version of the Microsoft Outlook software family. The application found its first use with Windows 98 and has since been included with all versions of Windows up to Windows XP.
Microsoft Outlook is the commercial product available in a stand-alone version or part of the Microsoft Office package. This program which has additional features not seen in the free edition is a much fuller program that finds better use in corporate support.
Now that we have a common understanding; in this article, I would be guiding you on the steps to add a signature to your Outlook this 2021 for both the Microsoft Outlook Express and the Microsoft Outlook.
SIGNATURE FOR OUTLOOK EXPRESS
To start with, if you intend to use a graphic signature, I recommend uploading the final size rather than resizing within your email.
- Open Outlook 365 and create a new email.
- Click the Signature button from the Message menu. A small menu with any defined signatures appears.
- Click Signatures.
- Under the Select signature to edit section, click the NEW icon.
- Enter a descriptive name in the New Signature box.
- Click the OK button to display the new name.
- Fill in the blanks in the Edit signature section below with the information you want.
- Format the information you entered to your preferred [size, color & font]
- To add spacing for the image, press the Enter key twice after the last line.
- Select the Image option which is by the right side of the Business Card.
- Insert your image file after selecting it.
- Click the OK button. The dialog box automatically closes, then you will be returned to a blank email page.
This free version does not permit you to insert business cards, compared to the listed above, likewise are you limited to just one email signature. These are significant differences.
- Sign in to Outlook.com using your credentials.
- Choose the gear-shaped icon: Settings
- On the right, the Quick settings panel appears.
- In the search field, type signature.
- Choose Email signature. The Compose and Reply panel appears.
- Fill in the blanks with the elements of your email signature. To apply to style, use the formatting toolbar at the top.
- You can include the Insert Pictures button wherever it is needed.
- Check the boxes to specify when Outlook should display your signature.
Should you intend to manually enter the signature for every/any mail, below are the steps:
- Check your inbox.
- On the left, select the + New message menu option.
- Select the toolbar button. It is located just by the right of Discard.
For more information on Outlook, Website development, Digital Marketing, and SEO, you can always trust The Watchtower, the best and award-winning Website Development Company, Dubai