Apple Inc provides you a service called Apple Pay that helps you to make payments through your mobile phone, watch, iPad, etc. It is an easy payment method. If you have an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac you can easily make contactless purchases anywhere for example on the web, in stores, or in apps. By using this service you can send and receive any amount of money through messages. In comparison to credit or debit cards, it is much simple and secure to use apple pay. It is very easy to set up and even easier to use this service.
Things you require to use Apple Pay in UAE?
You should own an iCloud account, you also need to select UAE as your selected region. iPhone can be i6 or later versions or with iOS 11 and later. MacBook with iOS sierra or later versions.
In UAE if you have cards (credit card, debit card visa card, etc) from the following banks
- Emirates NBD
- RAK Bank
- Standard Charted
- Sharjah Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Commercial Bank of Dubai
- Citi Bank
- Al Hilal Bank
- Abu Dahbi Islamic Bank
- Abu Dahbi Commercial Bank
- Emirates Islamic
Then you can use apple pay anytime. To use this service, first, you have to set it up.
Step 1: Setting Up Apple pay in UAE
You then need to follow all the steps in order to add a new card. You should watch the demo to have a clear understanding of how it works. For some banks, you would have to download their app to add a card into your wallet.
For Mobile Banking App
Emirates NBD for Example requires you to download their app. To set up apple pay in it you need to follow the following steps.
- You are supposed to open the current version of their mobile banking app on your phone.
- From the home screen, you have to select "Add cards to Apple Pay and then Face ID or Touch ID will be used to log in.
- Then and a verification code will be sent to you via SMS or smart pass, you have to enter that code.
- Then you have to select the card you want to add by tapping Add on Apple wallet. By Following these instructions, you can set up your phone for apple pay.
Setting Apple Pay from Wallet on your iPhone
- You will have to open the wallet on your phone and then press the plus icon given there or you can choose to add debit or credit card.
- Then with the help of your iPhone's camera scan your card.
- You then have to enter a security code consisting of 3-digits that is there at the back of your card.
- The next step will be to accept the terms and conditions.
- After you put in all the details then your bank will verify your card.
- A verification code will be sent to you by your bank through email or on your phone number. Then you have to enter that code in this step.
- Now you can avail this service of apple pay easily.
On Apple Watch
- On your paired phone in order to open the app, you will have to tap the watch icon on your watch
- Then you can go to your wallet and Apple pay and then scroll.
- You now will choose to add a credit card or debit card to your phone.
- Then you will have to complete all the asked verification steps.
- Turn to settings and click on Wallet and Apple pay.
- You then have to enter a Credit or Debit card.
- You should then consider all the directions in order to add the card
Step 2: How you can use Apple pay in UAE
Now to pay with the help of Apple Pay in stores you just have to hold your phone near the contactless reader or terminal by using your Face ID or your finger on Touch ID. In order to make sure that your payment information has been sent, you will see “Done” written on your screen and you will feel little vibration and a beep along with it. If you are using apple pay in Apple watch the side button has to be double-clicked and you are needed to hold Apple watch's display near the contactless terminal. You will know that your payment information has been sent when you’ll feel a tap or a beep.
Apr 26, 2021